Wednesday, April 22, 2020

My Online Presence


I would say that I have a large online presence and I have accounts on a lot of the popular social media apps. I use instagram, snapchat, twitter, TikTok, and facebook, and have profiles for indeed and linkedin. On instagram, I have 3 accounts; one is my main account and it is set to private, another is a devotional account and the other is a calligraphy page, which are both set to public. I use instagram the most to post pictures and share my creativity, of all the social media apps there are.

If someone were to look at my main instagram page they would learn that I go to High Point university and am set to graduate in 2022, I am a christian, I love my friends and family, and I go home to England a lot. I haven't given out my phone number or my email on any of my social media pages besides Linkedin. However, I have given my email address to Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and apple and a few others. However, when I create accounts for websites or memberships, I use my facebook account to join.

Although we are the most connected generation, we are also the most lonely. We can make people believe and see what we want them to see, which is to make it seem like we are living our best life all the time. Instagram is nothing but a high light reel or our best moments and we never really acknowledge the bad and lonely times. People can post pictures of themselves with friends having fun and when others see this they feel alone and unloved. However, what we fail to realize is the person posting it probably feels as lonely as you but wants to convince themselves that the are not. Social media is very superficial and it allows people to put out an image of themselves that they want people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment